I’m Kristen. I am a blogger, web designer, social media addict, and lover of all things digital.
I am 26 years old and a graduate of Michigan State University’s Professional Writing program. I was born and raised in Michigan, but I currently live in New York City with my husband, Corner, and together we write Small Budget Big Apple.
When I’m not sitting in front of my iMac, I spend a great deal of time playing roller derby. I just finished my rookie season with Gotham Girls Roller Derby, where I skate for two teams: the Queens of Pain and the Wall Street Traitors.
I also enjoy spoiling my dog, eating sushi, and playing video games.
This personal blog is a place for me to share my goals (Day Zero Project, anyone?), musings, things I find inspiring, and other random thoughts.
- Small Budget Big Apple (January 2011–present)
- 3 things to be sure to include in your Save the Dates (Offbeat Bride)
- Interactive media, Texas style (beyondwords)
- 2009 Nonprofit Technology Conference (beyondwords)
- In the Workplace with Kristen Byers (beyondwords)